How Can Nightguards In Visalia CA Help You?
If you wake up in the morning with tooth pain or a headache, there’s a good chance you have bruxism. A custom-made nightguard, available from our practice in Visalia CA, prevents your teeth from rubbing against each other. This protects your jaw muscles from strain and teeth from extensive damage. Bruxism is a condition that affects adults and children.
Why Get A Nightguard From Your Dentist?
When you get a nightguard from us, you can expect a snug, comfortable fit. You’ll have a guard that is the best it can be for you. If you prefer a cheaper alternative, you can get an over-the-counter guard at your local pharmacy, but you may not be satisfied with how it feels or fits on your teeth.
If nightguards in Visalia CA aren’t for you, we may be able to help with orthodontic treatment (Invisalign or braces). Since one of the leading causes of bruxism is stress, we may offer you a few techniques to relax so that you stop doing it altogether. And lastly, there are certain beverage and medications you may want to avoid if you grind your teeth. Stimulants, like coffee, and antidepressants are known to have an effect.
Caring For Nightguards In Visalia CA
- Rinse it with a mouth rinse or cold water before every use. Mild soap and a toothbrush will also do the trick.
- After cleaning your nightguard, place it in a solid, perforated container.
- Keep your mouthguard away from hot temperatures to avoid damage.
- Inspect it occasionally for wear and tear. If you spot anything, it’s probably time to replace it.
- Bring it with you to your next dental visit to Sequoia Dental Office. We’d be glad to take a close look at your nightguard! We will be completely honest about its condition.
If you suspect you have developed bruxism, give us a call today! We may be able to make a difference in your quality of sleep – and life – with nightguards in Visalia CA.Nightguards Visalia CA
View Larger Map