Improve Your Jaw Function With TMJ Treatment in Visalia
If you’ve ever experienced TMJ problems, you understand how much jaw pain they can cause. It can be a real hassle to chew, laugh, yawn, or even talk. The good news is that the dental team at Sequoia Dental Office offers Visalia TMJ treatment with a custom-fit oral appliance. It can help you:
- Perform everyday actions like talking and eating more comfortably
- Reduce harmful teeth grinding that can damage your tooth enamel
- Lessen the frequency and intensity of your headaches
- Reduce tension in your neck and shoulders
Don’t give up hope! Call us today at 559-608-3533 to schedule your complimentary consultation or second opinion. Our expert dentists want to give you the help you need.
Enjoy a Better-Feeling Jaw With Our Help
Your temporomandibular joints are situated on either side of your head, controlling your jaws and allowing you to open and close your mouth. For reasons that researchers still don’t fully understand, these joints can become irritated and inflamed. This causes a great deal of pain when your jaw moves.
However, we offer hope for your aching jaw using a custom oral appliance.
- To begin, we’ll gather data on your bite using T-Scan® digital occlusal bite analysis.
- If needed, we’ll then have a custom appliance made for you. It will gently move your lower jaw forward a bit to remove tension on your TMJ.
- The result will be a jaw that feels better when you open and close your mouth.
In addition, the device will also prevent you from grinding your teeth while sleeping. Left untreated, teeth grinding can damage your tooth enamel, requiring restorative or cosmetic dental treatments to repair. Since teeth grinding is also a major cause of tension headaches, our targeted treatment will help you experience fewer and less-intense headaches as well.